Monday 27 June 2011

Capresso MT-600 Coffee Maker

If you're thinking about getting this coffee maker, with the thermos carafe instead of the heated pot--in a word--don't.  The thermal carafe leaks.  I discovered this only after spending the big dollars on this "great" coffee maker from ZCafe Canada an internet coffee store.  After the first pot leaked I contacted ZCafe and they first suggested that I simply wait as several other customers had the same complaint and apparently the leaking just stopped after a while.  My leaking Capresso carafe did not stop leaking.  So, I paid the money to ship it back to ZCafe after they shipped me a replacement carafe.  Surprise!  the new one leaks as well.  So I start googling this only to discover that Consumer Reports panned this coffee maker as they too got leaky carafe's and were told by Capresso that there was nothing wrong.  The clear reality is that this pot leaks like crazy.  Getting back in touch with ZCafe they asked if I was filling the coffee maker too high with cold water thereby getting the water too close to the top of the carafe.  This being quite possible, I started being really careful--ridiculously careful given the task at hand (making coffee!).  Still the Capresso thermal carafe leaks.  This MT-600 model Capresso coffee maker is useless with the leaking carafe.  The coffee is fine but the entire experience is overshadowed by the leaking pot all over the counter and dripping onto the floor if you dare to pour a cup while holding the pot over the floor.  I suppose ZCafe Canada would take back this piece of crap but I would have to pay for shipping (Ottawa to Vancouver) to get my refund and end up with nothing.  Hence I choose to continue to use the crappy Capresso coffee maker (MT-600), drips and leaks abounding, and simply bitch to the whole world on blogs and whatever other way I can find that Capresso sucks and that you should definitely not buy their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment